We've made a few more improvements to the Toybox experience this afternoon. We hope you enjoy and please pass more feedback our way. Thank you for being customers!
- JIRA integration improvements
- Better handling of email replies across the system
- Performance optimization and improvements
- Maintenance fixes and internal improvements
Thank you for your feedback, and stay tuned for the next round of improvements!
We've made some changes that should improve your day-to-day experience working with Toybox and also make it easier for us to provide faster and more frequent updates! We are working hard to set the stage to deliver new features and bug fixes, so while these changes may sound nerdy, they are going to translate to
real valueto you!
- Database performance optimizations (query optimizations, caching)
- Google Tag Manager (GTM) friendly snippet embed formatting
- Jira integration update for mandatory shift to rolling refresh tokens
- Jira integration bug fix for missing priority field
- Deployment environment resource optimization
- Deployment automation improvements for more frequent deploys and updates
- Minor security improvements
Thank you for your feedback, and stay tuned for the next round of improvements, coming soon!
We're excited to announce we now have an add-on available in the awesome developer browser Polypane.app! 🎉
Learn more about it here:
Thanks to Kilian Valkhof for his hard work putting this together! 👏
To all old and new Toybox users alike,
Back in February of this year, our team at
XOXO Capitalbought Toybox because we see the potential for it as a terrific tool for the web design process.
The journey begins...
For digital studios, you need to know what the customer wants then how to translate that to your developers and designers.
For developers, you need to know not simply what element needs a change but at what screen size and the context of the web or app the issue is happening in.
For designers, you also need to know what exactly needs a change communicated clearly and within the context of the overall design.
For stakeholders, you need a simple, direct method to clearly communicate what needs to change and why.
What we're going to deliver...
It didn't take analyzing several hundred data points to see what works and what doesn't. Many of you have told us what you want and we're working to put those suggestions in place.
But beyond all of the great suggestions, we also thought of how we can leverage the browser to maximum effect. Wouldn't it be great if Toybox could
- have the extension work across multiple browsers
- separate pins for hidden elements and visible ones on a page
- work with single-page applications and website builders better
- communicate the changes you need for different size screens separately
- allow you to record the actions that cause the problem you are trying to solve
- sync with more integrations, Github and Gitlab especially, and have them be 2 way synchronous
- show the difference in CSS between selected elements to quickly identify discrepancies
- be way faster, and simpler for guests to onboard and get started
- more control over billing and organization settings
and how do unlimited guests for every plan sound?😃
There are many more of course, but we need to start somewhere.
And So, The Roadmap...
We're making our whole roadmap public so you can see our progress.
You can see and contribute to our roadmap at feedback.toyboxsystems.com
Let us know what you would like to see! We'd ❤️ to hear from you.
You can now add a regex as the "url" for your project
When adding urls to projects just make sure to follow the regex syntax by starting and ending the pattern with a
Let us know if you have any questions!
p.s. Here's a regex cheatsheet (because I know I always need one 😊)
We've heard (and experienced it ourselves!) that when you have lots of projects in Toybox, waiting for them to load can take some time.
Because of this, today we've pushed some performance improvements that should speed those load times up significantly ⚡
CSV Export has arrived!
We're super excited to launch a CSV export for your Toybox Tasks. Simply go to a project and click the Export button above your Task table. This will automatically download a CSV of all your Tasks within that project.
We hope y'all enjoy!
The Toybox Team
Hide & Show Comment Badges
If you're anything like us - there are times when a single page might have 50+ comments on it. When this happens, your site can look as if it's caught a bad case of blueberry Chickenpox.
To better help you leave feedback and still see your site - we've introduced a Hide & Show button! Click the Eye in the footer to hide all your comment badges and click again to show them :)
Play & Pause the Inspector
After gathering some great feedback from y'all - we realized if you're in the "Inspect" mode but want to click on a button or go to another page, you'll need to close out of Toybox or switch to Comment mode to do so.
To fix this, we've introduced a Play and Pause button! If you press the Pause button, the Inspecting will stop and you'll be able to click on elements, etc. Simply press play to resume inspecting :)
Bug Fixes & improvements
In this release, we've also pushed a few smaller bug fixes and UX improvements to make your Toybox experience even better.
By popular demand, there is now 2-way sync between your Teamwork and Toybox tasks!
This means whenever you resolve or reply to a task, that update will be reflected in both Teamwork and Toybox.
As an example, if I resolve a task in Toybox - this will automatically resolve the task in Teamwork.
To get started:
- Sign into your Teamwork workspace
- Go to your Global Settings
- Click the Webhooks tab
- Toggle Webhooks on
- Go back to Toybox and sign out and then sign back in
After that, you should be good to go!